So… been a tad busy. Still not enough time to catch up, but here’s a glimpse into the last month or so:
- Blogger was targeted as part of the DDoS attack last month, and I wrote a post on Google’s Public Policy blog about our response and what’s needed moving forward.
- We announced the 10th birthday, and kicked off a series of birthday presents for our users
- I announced some significant changes to our DMCA policy, making TechDirt and Plagiarism Today (among others) quite happy
- We hosted a press event on Tuesday, where Ev, Biz, Jory, Scott, Louis and Joe joined Siobhan and I to talk about Blogger’s first decade. (Scott’s write-up is a good review of the proceedings.)
- Launched two new partnerships yesterday, SocialVibe and InfoThinker (who have submitted a free app for Blogger users to the App Store) (Side note: I added the SocialVibe gadget to my blog, readers have raised over 2700 gallons of water through Charity:Water. How cool is that?)
- Announced a bunch of new stats on the Official Google Blog. (Did you know Blogger reaches over 300 million people per month?)
And there’s more to come. Going camping tomorrow, hopefully coming up for air next week.