Been a week since I posted here, which is partly explained by the Thanksgiving holiday, but is mostly a reflection of just how busy we are at FeedBurner HQ. If you want to follow what I’m reading (but not writing about during this craziness), just subscribe to my link feed.
In the meantime, here’s a quick update on what we’re doing at FeedBurner:
- Along with my kick-ass team (that’s Eric, who celebrated one year at FeedBurner today, and Jake), we launched the Publisher Tips Blog to help our publishers get more out of FeedBurner’s services. (Here’s the feed.)
- Today’s big announcement was that 20 of the world’s largest blog networks now use FeedBurner. For those who haven’t been following, the growth of these new media empires has been remarkable over the past two years. Gawker, Federated Media, Corante, Gothamist, b5 Media, BlogHer, Pajamas Media, Lockergnome, Know More Media… the list goes on. I’m really proud to have developed such great relationships with the teams at each of those organizations, and it’s a terrific feeling to know we’re contributing to their success.
- Also mentioned in that release is that our ad inventory has tripled in the past few months. That means our feed and site ad network reaches well over 15 million people per day, scattered across every channel imaginable. If you want to reach the largest number of loyal, demographically-targeted audiences through feeds or blogs, we’re the go-to network. And we’re not done: stay tuned for a couple more big announcements on this front in the next couple weeks.
- Our developers have been hard at work on a slew of new features, and I’ll get a sneak-peek at some very, very cool new stuff we’ll be rolling out soon. Can’t talk about it yet, you’ll have to trust me. 🙂
- Next month’s EContent Magazine lists us “one of the top 100 companies that matter”:http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/ArticleReader.aspx?ArticleID=18641&IssueId=380&PageNum=2.
- At AdTech this month, Nielsen NetRatings proclaimed that the Web 2.0 space was the fastest growing segment of the Web, and that none other than FeedBurner is the fastest-growing site (topping a few names you might have heard of, like Digg, Wikipedia and MySpace).
I have three presentations at SES Chicago next week — if you’re in town, stop by and say hi!
2 responses to “Lots going on”
20 of the world’s largest blog networks? Impressive. Congrats to you and the entire team.
Rick, Feedburner has provided such a rich suite of tools that are easy to use, very stable, and very affordable (FREE!). We are a big fan of Feedburner and glad that we are participating in the Feedburner Advertiser Network!